Students interested in the Child Life Internship Program at Cohen Children’s Medical Center should follow these guidelines:
1.) A Complete Application Must Include…
- Child Life Council Common Application (found at CLC Common Internship Application )
- Copy of official Child Life Council Course Work review (found at www.childlife.org)
- At least two signed letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a college professor/advisor
- Verification of at least 100 hours of volunteer work under the supervision of a Child Life Specialist
Applications must be postmarked by:
September 5 - Winter Session
March 15 - Fall Session
Please note: It is your responsibility to confirm that your application
has been received!
- A personal interview is required. After the interview you will be given a tour of the hospital. If you reside outside of a 60 mile radius, a phone interview will be acceptable.
- Selection of Child Life interns is made on a basis of academics, previous experience working with children in a health care or related setting, references, and an interview. Decisions regarding offers are made by the Child Life Internship Committee. Students will be notified of their acceptance into the internship program in writing.
4.) Health Screening
- Interns will comply with employee health standards. Vaccination records, physical report from your doctor, and TB test will be required. Details are outlined in the acceptance packet.
- If you wish to receive school credit for your internship, applications will only be considered if your school/university has an existing agreement with the Northwell Health. However, we will accept a student if the school does not require such an agreement.